Tuesday 29 April 2014

Rimmel Apocalips Apocoliptic Review and Swatches


So I know these liquid lipsticks are nothing new, in fact they were released over a year ago!!!  But when they did their array of 8 opaque shades exploded over the Beauty blogging community, and since then 5 more shades have been added to the line. Where have I been?! At the time I wanted every shade, which isn't unusual for me, but I somehow resisted the temptation and came strolling happily out of boots with the shade Luna. I was besotted, it instantly became one of my favourite lipsticks, in fact 6 months later I wore it for my graduation photo! Mahoosive deal!

I'm not entirely sure why it has taken me so long to revisit this range, but I'm so happy I did. I picked up the shade Apocoliptic which is a bright red toned pink that is surprisingly very flattering and wearable for ALL skin tones! It can be used to add some sophisticated colour to your evening look, or if you're a bit more on the brave side, add some Pazzaz to your everyday make-up.

The lipstick itself comes with a slanted doe foot applicator, which has a tiny well in the centre to hold the product. This makes application quick and easy, without the need to double dip! The shape and size the the applicator is also very precise, giving you soft smooth lines without the need of a liner. What could be better?!

The formulation of the lipstick itself is beautifully creamy and opaque, just one layer of this product is enough. However due to the consistency, it is very easy to apply to much of the product (making very messy lipstick teeth) so make sure the applicator isn't overloaded with product.

Because of the creamy texture the product feels very comfortable on the lips, without going sticky or bitty during wear time. Once the lipstick sets onto the lips it dries to almost a satin finish, which is very durable against lipstick enemies, drinking and eating. I roughly got about 4 hours wear time before it needed touching up.


Overall I love this lipstick, so much so I had to feature it my last tutorial which can be found here. The vibrancy and opacity of the product is exceptional from a high-street brand, which is why I couldn't help but pick a few more shades up Nova, Nude Eclipse and Galaxy. Reviews of which will hopefully be seen here soon.  

Have you tried any of these lipsticks? Which is your favourite shade? Please tell me in the comments.

Thank you for reading!

Toodlepip xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment